Worried about money?
Learn how you can live joyfully and affordably within an intentional community.
Have you heard that living in a community is pricy?
It doesn't have to be! Learn the real costs of community living + strategies for saving $$$.JOIN THE MINI-COURSE
“I'm incredibly stressed about capitalism and trying to survive completely on my own. That's why I think community living is a good option for me.” —Sarah J.
PRACTICAL $$$ ADVICE
Find a community that works within your finances.
Join this mini-course if you want the confidence to:
- Rent, own, or build your home within an intentional community
- Avoid expensive types of communities
- Discover affordable regions of the US and other countries
- Navigate the economic systems common in communities
- Keep your remote job, get a job, or retire gracefully in community
- Contribute to meaningful projects and co-creation with your neighbors
- Understand community membership joining fees and dues
Yes, it really is possible!
In the Money & Community Mini-Course, you’ll learn how to live joyfully and affordably within an intentional community.ENROLL NOW
Imagine a future where you…
- Feel you belong as part of an intentional community
- Have secure housing
- Put your time and energy towards meaningful projects
The right information can make all the difference. We’ll cover what you need to know in the Money & Community Mini-Course.
INTRODUCING THE MINI-COURSE
Money & Community
With this pre-recorded short course you’ll learn:
- The costs of joining and living in different types of communities
- 10 strategies for saving (and even making) money by living in an intentional community
- The #1 cost benefit of community living
Get a handle on the basics of how money works in communities, so you can take steps towards your community vision.
What's included in the mini-course...
Community Costs 101
There are a wide variety of community types, each with a range of price tags and ongoing fees, including:
- Pricy communities in certain areas and with certain legal models
- Communities that are free to join, but come with restrictions
- Options for renting, buying, and building your own housing
You’ll finish this lesson with a full picture of what goes into the costs of joining and living in a community.
Strategies for Saving
When you are ready to take the step to join a community, there are 10 key strategies you can use to save and even earn money. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- Which of the 10 strategies is an option for you
- Common misunderstandings & expensive mistakes
- The best way to budget for community
You’ll finish this lesson with a plan for how you can join the community that works with your finances.
Pros & Cons of Community
The secret to saving in community comes down to one word — sharing. In this lesson, you’ll learn:
- How a culture of sharing works in community
- How to set boundaries but also ask for what you need
- Amenities, resources, and tools that come with community
You’ll finish this course with a new mindset around what it means to share within a community. Welcome to cooperative culture!
This mini-course is for you if...
- You aren't sure there is a community out there that works within your budget
- You dream of having support within a values-aligned community
- You're ready to make some transitions in your life
- You want secure and comfortable housing
- You have energy and talents to contribute to a community
GLAD YOU ARE HERE
After a decade of travel and work with over a hundred intentional communities, I'm living my community dream at an ecovillage in Vermont.
Honestly, money is still a concern. I worry about the future of the economy and my own finances, but let me tell you — it's all made so much easier by living in community! I have a network of support, a culture of sharing, and economic opportunities that never would have been possible otherwise.
Now I use what I've learned to help people just like you find a community that works with your finances. Whether you have enough for a down-payment or barely enough to get by, there are strategies you can use to get into a community that's comfortable for you.
"I wholeheartedly recommend Cynthia to help guide you in your search for a well matched community!"
- Joia Holman
"Cynthia helped me clarify the intentional communities that fit me, better get to know them, and finally choose one that I’m now a member of."
- Alan Stillman
"This is a unique and extremely helpful service, and I am so happy that Cynthia provides it."
- Whitney Purdum
When will the mini-course start?
Are there live online sessions?
Can I become an affiliate earn commission when I share with friends?
How can I contact you?
Disclaimer: All content offered through this course and on this site is for informational purposes only. Nothing constitutes as professional and/or financial advice. You alone assume the sole responsibility of evaluating the merits and risks associated with the use of any information provided in the course. CommunityFinders is not liable for any possible claim for damages arising from any decision you make based on information provided.